Tuesday, December 23, 2008

In other words...

As the roar of my boyfriend's snowmobile filled my ears this past Sunday night, I thought in vain about why I was doing such a thing again. It's no secret that I can't stand being cold or that snow and I aren't the best of friends. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of it; I love the way it glimmers in the starlight. I love the calm that just IS during a snow fall, when you can just lay on your back and watch it fall in the glow of the street lamps. I can certainly drive in it, partially due to my wonderful Jeep. Then there is the other side of it... The frigid,biting and bone chilling cold that penetrates to my soul, the damp that pierces me through each and every layer of my skin. It is those trademarks that made me wonder why I was back to gripping tightly around His waist while flying through the woods. Then came the puddles...yes...the puddles of water, on the trail, on the SNOW and ICE covered trail...through which we proceded to drive through. Repeatedly. I'm STILL cold thinking about the way the wind, the snow, and the water all combined to torture, untill I could hardly speak with cold. I am simply drowning in misery in the winter time; my body, heart and soul dream nightly of being warm again. The dreams often bring me back to the Caribbean, where I felt so at home...it is a place of longing for me. I don't know what spawned this rant, not hatred, but the uncomfortable way I simply exsist from November to April. Am I crazy? I was born and raised in this state so it's not like I haven't been exposed to it plenty of times. I loved it when I was little, things have changed a bit since then. I just can't seem to be happy anymore. In other words...please come back summer...

XoXo C.Blues



No comments:

Post a Comment